Dundee benefits from a unique strategic position at the heart of the motorway network, which connects the city to Perth, Stirling, Fife, Aberdeen, Inverness Glasgow and Edinburgh
The benefits of a Dundee based location include:
- A maximum drive time of 20 minutes to travel between points within the City;
- Regular scheduled rail services from the East Coast main line with connections to Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow, all within a 90 minute journey time
- Direct air service from Dundee to London City
- One hour journey time to Edinburgh International Airport;
- Comprehensive bus service network within the city;
- Dundee benefits from a growing cycle network;
Dundee‘s short travel-to-work times contribute significantly to the high quality of life enjoyed in the city. From any location within Dundee, a maximum of 20 minutes drive time is required to cross the city. A 30 minute drive time from Dundee includes towns such as Perth, St Andrews and Carnoustie - other areas from where staff are likely to commute.
Dundee is on the East Coast Mail Line, served by First Scotrail and East Coast Trains.
- London Kings Cross (hourly service, 5hrs 30mins travel time), Euston Station (hourly service, 6hr travel time)
- Glasgow Queens Street (hourly service, 1hr 40mins travel time)
- Edinburgh Waverly (half hourly service, 1hr 15mins travel time)
By air, CityJet, based in Dublin and owned by Air France offers daily return flights between the city centre airport and London City Airport.
Dundee City Centre is located one hour (drive time) from Edinburgh International Airport and 1hr 45 mins from Glasgow International Airport.
Dundee's businesses have access to the latest digital technology providing high-speed connectivity, guaranteeing unrivalled levels of access. This world class infrastructure has enabled the city's entrepreneurs to develop Dundee into one of Europe's leading software, games and biotechnology centres.
The Facilities within the city include fibre connectivity infrastructure provided by Virgin Media, C&W, Brightsolid, Fibrecity and BT. There is a whole host of providers delivering a multitude of services including VoIP, 3G, voice and data services working on this infrastructure. Dundee is currently progressing towards being Scotland first Peer 2 Peer Fibre city allowing duplex connection speeds 100mb to all homes and businesses.